Satire Essay Topics You Will Like
Writing satire isn’t as easy as it might seem. Satire is a way to concentrate on a problem, a person, or an event and bring attention to it using humor, exaggeration, and irony. Don’t think that all you need to do is mock at someone or something. This type of essay requires much more. You not only need to entertain the readers but also provide them with some useful, relevant, and even eye-opening information on the matter.
Most writers would agree that satire is one of the most difficult styles. No wonder many students often face difficulties with it. Even when writing about something you are interested in or have strong feelings about, satirical style can be challenging. That’s why we’ve gathered some helpful tips for college students, lots of essay examples, and prompts. Keep reading, and you will know how to start writing efficiently, what topics to consider, how to format your text, and how to end it with a strong and witty statement.
Write the Best Satire Essay
- You should start by deciding what you want to write about. If you want to discuss current events, look through newspaper articles, blogs, or watch news on TV. It’s always better to pick something you have feelings about, even when those feelings are not positive. You can even pick something that makes you angry or a phenomenon that you want to change. It will make your writing process easier as you will be discussing the subject you are passionate about.
- Don’t forget about your audience. You need to figure out who is going to read your paper, whether it’s your classmates, professor, or professionals in the field you are talking about in your paper. The satirical style is fun, but you need to stay within certain limits, depending on your audience.
- Hyperbole is your best friend. When it comes to satire, don’t be afraid to exaggerate points and use hyperbole to increase the impact of your message. Allow yourself to be sarcastic from time to time. You can also check some helpful expressions that will exaggerate the irony and enrich your vocabulary, which will help you with your future writing assignments and projects.
- Always control yourself. It’s easy to become offensive or rude when discussing something using the satirical style. Make sure not to write in poor taste, as we are all adults and should understand that irony and criticism can be funny, but they should not be mean on purpose.
Satire essays are rather opinioned and supposed to reflect your personal points of view. That’s why you can feel free to express your creativity, but don’t forget to support your opinions with real facts, as it’s not a work of fiction.
Pick the Coolest Topic
Good satire essay topics are the ones that are able to raise your reader’s interest. When a person reads your topic and thinks “Well, this is interesting, I really want to read the whole thing,” it means that the topic you’ve chosen is great. So, here are some ideas that might inspire you to write something witty and satirical:
- Do politicians lie?
- Why the clothes really make the man?
- How to lie and make it sound convincing
- What would happen if ducks ruled the world?
- Why school is actually a waste of time
- Wearing braces is fun
- Do we really need the freedom of speech?
- Things women wish men knew
- Advantages of being homeless
- Things men don’t understand about women
- How to win an argument with your girlfriend
- How to become popular
- Reasons why Brexit is good for Britain
- Why Robert Downey Jr. should be the next president
- Reasons why the barter system is better than the current monetary system
- Why advertising works
You can see now that writing a satire essay can allow you to use all of your creativity. Choose one of the aforementioned topics and write an outstanding essay on it. If you doubt your own strength, you can always ask our writers here, at phdify.com, to write your satire essay for you. We also have a database of samples of different papers. Our website is made to ensure that you will create the best work and surprise your professor.
Why don't you place an order now?
15 Satirical Essay Topics For High School Students
When you and the rest of your class are assigned to write satirical essays, it is important that you take your time to settle for good satirical essay topics. This is the type of academic paper that has a mocking or funny way of expressing the harsh truth about a given topic or issue. All you need to do is to look for the hypocrisy or irony in a given situation and you are ready to start writing your academic paper.
If this seems like something you will not be able to achieve on your own, here are fifteen satirical topics for your high school essay. These topics are as follows:
- Issues of obesity – Solving it through distribution of foods based on body weight
- Abandon your cars and see the issue of global warming significantly decreased
- Solving workplace conflicts through shouting matches
- Racism as a global menace – All the racists should be headed to the Antarcticav
- Curbing overpopulation through Sparta’s methods
- Curbing the issue of illegal immigration by using the illegal immigrants as the nation’s free workforce
- When money becomes a serious issue – Get the currency eliminated
- The introduction of equal salaries – A sure way to stop social prejudice
- Amnesty and Incorrigible Criminals – One sure way of letting the terminally ill citizens go
- Getting the cemeteries decongested – Let Voodoo bring the dead back to life
- Understanding freedom of speech – Let all say whatever they want to say
- Don’t have time to bring your child up? TV shows will do that perfect job of babysitting
- Torn between family and work? Toss a coin to decide which one comes first
- Having difficulty staying off fast food? Your cholesterol level will do that for you
- No need to prohibit abortions – The children will be used as free workforce
These are just a few of the satirical essay topics for high school that are sure to make great titles for your essay. As can be seen from the above, this type of essay is mostly written on highly controversial topics or issues. Most times they are aimed towards persuading the target readers to succumb to the writer’s opinion or point of view. All funny satirical essay topics are used to mock and at the same time, point out certain flaws in the society. You can look here for further help on writing an awesome paper.